You may notice that when you try to start a screen recording with Vidyard, the 3-second countdown to begin the screen capture does not appear, and the recording never starts.
With the release of macOS Catalina (and all subsequent OS), Apple has added a new privacy setting that requires you to specify which apps are able to be recorded with video. Certain updates from your browser, or Apple, can also require you to re-confirm specific permissions, such as Screen Recording.
Make sure that you permit your computer to allow recording on Google Chrome.
- Open System Preferences,
- Select Security & Privacy > Screen Recording
- Select the lock (🔒 ) in the bottom corner in order to make changes
- Check the box next to Google Chrome to allow screen recordings.
- If the box is already checked, you may be experiencing a problem due to your Google Chrome version. To fix, uncheck Google Chrome > Quit & Reopen > check the box again > Quit & Reopen
- Restart Chrome to allow these changes to take effect.