One of the most simplistic ways to create a call to action style Custom Event is embed a full image into the frame and link it to either a URL or email address. This solution avoids coding individual HTML elements with CSS styles, as the image itself will have been designed to show the CTA button as part of the graphic.
Some caveats of creating an Event this way is that you can only use one link, as clicking anywhere on the image will open that single URL. You also cannot create any on hover effects for certain parts of the Event, resulting in the visual looking and acting less dynamic than using more heavily coded HTML and CSS.
The example below shows an image with a button that has been designed by a graphic designer, uploaded onto a web server and then rendered in an Event. In reality, you will want to design it to have a more clearly defined action.
1. Create a new event by clicking Content - Events and then New Event.
2. Select Fullscreen from Custom Events and press Create.
3. Give your event a name and then click on the HTML tab
4. Copy and paste code from this Vidyard CodePen into the editor.
5. Make changes to the code that will suit your presentation of the content. Replace 'EXTERNAL LINK' with the webpage you wish to send your viewer to (you can replace 'https://' with 'mailto:' if it is an email address rather than webpage). Replace 'IMAGE LINK' with the image that is hosted and publicly accessible.
6. Save and Assign the content.
7. Click on the Add Video button from the top right and select a video for the Event.
8. Select a timepoint that suits this Event. POST will appear after the final frame and is most common.
Job done! You could even make this a default event if you would like the same experience across all of the videos in your group!