The Replies setting allows you to add a public comments section beneath the video on your sharing page. This is a great way to open up conversation between you and your viewers.
Use Replies to encourage and set up additional 1-on-1 conversations, or as a way to gather collaborative feedback from your team about an ongoing project.
Enable Replies on your sharing page
- Select the Theme button from the menu on the left-hand side
- Select Customize to edit your sharing page design
- Open the Video Details menu, then toggle Allow Replies to ON
Note: Replies will be automatically hidden from the sharing page if you change a video's access settings to Password Protected.
- Select Channels > Sharing Page from menu on the left-hand side
- If needed, use the Change Folder button to switch into the folder associated with the sharing page that you want to edit.
- Select Edit to customize your sharing page
- Under the Settings tab, select Design
- Toggle Allow Replies to ON
Note: If you change a video's settings to restrict viewer access (i.e. add a password, IP restriction or secure with SSO), Replies will automatically be hidden from the sharing page.
How viewers leave a reply
Once enabled, the Replies section will appear below the video on your sharing page. Viewers can leave a reply in 2 different ways:
- Sign in to their Vidyard account and leave a reply (this automatically includes their profile name with the comment).
Note: viewers may only sign in to their account if your sharing page uses the default domain
share.vidyard.com. Vidyard is unable to authenticate viewers on custom domain names.
- Leave a reply without signing in (for example, if they do not have a Vidyard account). Viewers have the option to enter their name along with the reply. If no name is provided, the comment will appear as from "Someone".
Delete a reply
Note: deleting a reply requires you to sign in to your Vidyard account on the video sharing page. Vidyard can only authenticate you if the sharing page uses the default domain
share.vidyard.com. If the page uses a custom domain name, contact our Support Team to have a reply removed.
If you are the owner of the video, you can delete replies that viewers have posted on the sharing page.
A viewer may delete their own replies as well if they sign in to their Vidyard account.
- In a new browser tab, open the link to the sharing page with the reply that you want to delete
- Scroll down to the replies section on the page, then select Sign in Here
- If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to enter the credentials for your Vidyard account
- Select Delete next to the reply that you want to remove
- Select Yes, Delete Reply to confirm
Notifications when you receive a reply
When someone leaves a reply on your sharing page, you will receive a notification in both your video library (Pro accounts only) and the Vidyard browser extension.
The notification indicates who the reply is from (if provided) and a snippet of the reply itself. Click on the notification to open the video sharing page with the reply.
Notifications in your video library (Vidyard Pro only)
In Vidyard Pro accounts, you can access notifications from the notifications feed in your video library.
Select the notifications button from the menu on the left-hand side.
Notifications in the Vidyard browser extension
You can also access notifications in the Vidyard browser extension (either in Chrome or Microsoft Edge).
- Click on the Vidyard icon to open the extension
- Select the notifications tab