The Replies setting allows you to add a public comments section beneath the video on your sharing page. This is a great way to open up conversation between you and your viewers.
Use Replies to encourage and set up additional 1-on-1 conversations, or as a way to gather collaborative feedback from your team about an ongoing project.
- Vidyard Pro
- Vidyard Teams, Business and Enterprise
Enable Replies on your sharing page (Vidyard Pro)
- Select the Theme button from the menu on the left-hand side
- Select Customize to edit your sharing page design
- Open the Video Details menu, then toggle Enable Replies to ON
Note: Replies will be automatically hidden from the sharing page when the video has been restricted with a security option (for example, a password).
Enable Replies on your sharing page (Vidyard Teams, Business, or Enterprise)
To enable Replies, you must belong to a Team with the Edit Branded Sharing Pages permission enabled.
- Select Channels > Sharing Page from menu on the left-hand side
- If needed, use the Change Folder button to switch into the folder associated with the sharing page that you want to edit.
- Select Edit to customize your sharing page
- Under the Settings tab, select Design
- Toggle Enable Replies to ON
Note: Replies will be automatically hidden from the sharing page when the video has been restricted with a security option (e.g. a password, IP restriction, or single sign on).
How viewers leave a reply
Once enabled, the Replies section will appear below the video on your sharing page. Viewers can leave a reply in 2 different ways:
- Sign in to their Vidyard account and leave a reply (this automatically includes their profile name with the comment).
- Leave a reply without signing in (for example, if they do not have a Vidyard account). Viewers have the option to enter their name along with the reply. If no name is provided, the comment will appear as from "Someone".
Delete a reply
If you are the owner of the video, you can delete any replies that viewers have posted on the sharing page.
A viewer may delete their own replies as well if they sign in to their Vidyard account.
- In a new browser tab, open the link to the sharing page with the reply that you want to delete
- Scroll down to the replies section on the page, then select Sign in Here
- If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to enter the credentials for your Vidyard account
- Select Delete next to the reply that you want to remove
- Select Yes, Delete Reply to confirm
Notifications when you receive a reply
When someone leaves a reply on your sharing page, you will receive a notification in both your video library (Pro accounts only) and the Vidyard browser extension.
The notification indicates who the reply is from (if provided) and a snippet of the reply itself. Click on the notification to open the video sharing page with the reply.
Note: For user that belong to The video must be located in your personal folder in Vidyard in order for you to receive a notification.
Notifications in your video library (Vidyard Pro only)
In Vidyard Pro accounts, you can access notifications from the notifications feed in your video library.
Select the notifications button from the menu on the left-hand side.
Notifications in the Vidyard browser extension
You can also access notifications in the Vidyard browser extension (either in Chrome or Microsoft Edge).
- Click on the Vidyard icon to open the extension
- Select the notifications tab