The Replies setting allows you to add a public comments section beneath the video on your sharing page. This is a great way to open up conversation between you and your viewers.
Use Replies to encourage and set up additional 1-on-1 conversations, or as a way to gather collaborative feedback from your team about an ongoing project.
Enable Replies on your sharing page
- Select the Theme button from the menu on the left-hand side
- Select Customize to edit your sharing page design
- Open the Video Details menu, then toggle Allow Replies to ON
- Select Channels > Sharing Page from menu on the left-hand side
- If needed, use the Change Folder button to switch into the folder associated with the sharing page that you want to edit.
- Select Edit to customize your sharing page
- Under the Settings tab, select Design
- Toggle Allow Replies to ON
How viewers leave a reply
Once enabled, the Replies section will appear below the video on your sharing page. Viewers can leave a reply in 2 different ways:
- Sign in to their Vidyard account and leave a reply (this automatically includes their profile name with the comment).
- Leave a reply without signing in (for example, if they do not have a Vidyard account). Viewers have the option to enter their name along with the reply. If no name is provided, the comment will appear as from "Someone".
Delete a reply
If you are the owner of the video, you can delete replies that viewers have posted on the sharing page.
A viewer may delete their own replies as well if they sign in to their Vidyard account.
- In a new browser tab, open the link to the sharing page with the reply that you want to delete
- Scroll down to the replies section on the page, then select Sign in Here
- If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to enter the credentials for your Vidyard account
- Select Delete next to the reply that you want to remove
- Select Yes, Delete Reply to confirm
Notifications when you receive a reply
When someone leaves a reply on the sharing page for any video you've recorded or uploaded, you will receive a notification in your video library, the Vidyard browser extension, and the Vidyard desktop app.
The notification indicates who the reply is from (if provided) and a snippet of the reply itself. Click on the notification to open the video sharing page with the reply.
Notifications in your video library
You can access your notifications from the notifications feed in your video library.
Select the notifications button from the menu on the left-hand side.
Notifications in the Vidyard browser extension & desktop app
You can also access notifications in the Vidyard browser extension (either in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge), or the Vidyard desktop application.
- Click on the Vidyard icon in your browser to open the extension, or in your program list to open the desktop app
- Select the notifications tab