When troubleshooting issues with the Vidyard player or Vidyard browser extension, it is not uncommon to examine the console logs to find any errors that may be relevant to the investigation.
We've provided steps for the common browsers below, but depending on the browser being used, the steps to collect any messages from the console logs will be different.
These logs are especially helpful to the Vidyard Support Team if you reach out for assistance.
Open the browser console in Chrome or Edge
If you are noticing issues with video playback, the browser's console logs will help pinpoint any errors.
You may need to refresh the page or reproduce the issue after displaying the console to ensure all of the needed information is displayed.
- Right-click anywhere on the page, then select Inspect
- Click the Console tab
- Copy and paste the contents of the console into a text file
Open the console log for the browser extension
Console logs will provide insight into issues you experience with the Vidyard browser extension on Chrome or Edge.
Checking these logs immediately after experiencing the error, or clearing the logs and recreating the error, will provide the most relevant logs.
- Select the extension icon 🧩 in either Chrome or Edge, then Manage Extensions
- Ensure the toggle for Developer Mode is enabled
- Click the background page link under the Vidyard - Free Video and Screen recorder extension
- Select the Console tab, then copy and paste the contents of the tab into a text file