With Vidyard for Gmail, you can record and share videos with colleagues, contacts and friends directly from your email inbox.
Simply add the Vidyard's extension (for Chrome or Edge) to your browser to get started.
- Access and share videos from your library in a new email or thread
- Combine multiple videos into shareable playlists
- Record or upload new videos from Gmail
- Receive notifications indicating who has watched your video(s), and for how long
Here is a brief video walkthrough of how to share and record videos within your Gmail message:
- You must have the Vidyard extension (for either Chrome or Microsoft Edge) added to your browser. If this is not installed, Vidyard will not appear in Gmail.
Open your video library in Gmail
To open your video library in Gmail, simply select the Vidyard icon from the toolbar of a new message.
Sharing videos in an email message
From your video library, select 1 or more videos to share in an email.
- In a new message or thread, add your recipient(s) to the "To" field of the email
- note: adding more than 1 recipient changes how viewers are tracked and identified
- Select the Vidyard icon to open your video library
- Select one or more videos from your library to share
- Selecting multiple videos creates a playlist
- Click Share to add the video link & thumbnail to your email message
Changing the order of videos in a playlist
When you select 1 or more videos to create a playlist, you can change the order of the videos before adding it into your email.
- At the bottom of your library, click on the "# Selected" button
- Use the up and down arrows to change the order of the videos in the playlist
- Select Share to add the playlist link & thumbnail to your email message
Selecting videos from a shared folder
In addition to your personal library of videos, you can also select videos from any shared folders that you have access to in Vidyard.
- Click on Folders at the top of your library
- Choose a folder from the list to switch into
- Select any videos from the folder that you’d like to share
Record or upload a new video in Gmail
Need to send or respond to an email with a personal message? You can create a new video directly from Gmail (either camera or screen recording).
If you already have a video file on your computer, use Upload Video to add it to your library.
- Open a new message in Gmail, then select the Vidyard icon to open your video library
- Select New Video, and choose your preferred option:
- Camera Recording
- Screen Recording
- Upload Video
- Select Start Recording to begin your video
Once you’ve finished recording, you can change the video's title and select Share to add your video to the body of the email.
How to sign in with a different Vidyard account
Signed in with the wrong Vidyard account? Select the down arrow next to the Vidyard logo, then select Sign out.
You can then sign in with a different set of credentials.