Adding your calendar as a call-to-action (CTA) in your videos is a simple and effective way to increase engagement and drive next steps with your viewers.
In this article, we'll show you how to add your calendar (from common apps like Calendly and HubSpot Meetings) to an Action in Vidyard. You can then add the Action to your videos so that viewers can schedule a meeting with you immediately after watching.
Depending on your plan type with Vidyard, you can share your calendar with an Action in 2 different ways:
- Link viewers to your calendar on an external page
- Embed your calendar in the video
Link viewers to your calendar
Directs viewers to a separate page to book a meeting
Embed your calendar in the video
Allows viewers to book a meeting directly from your video
Link viewers to your calendar
Many calendar apps, like Calendly or HubSpot Meetings, provide you with a link that you can give to others who want to book time in your schedule.
By including the link to your calendar in an Action, you can send viewers to the calendar directly from your videos.
Before you begin, you'll want to obtain the link to your calendar:
You can then create an Action that allows the viewer to open a link to a separate page. For a simple, out-of-the-box option, select either a Quick Fullscreen CTA or Quick Banner.
- Select a video from your library to open the edit page.
- Select the Actions option from the side menu.
- Click on + Add > New Action, then choose either Quick Fullscreen CTA or Quick Banner (depending on where the action appears in your video).
- Add your calendar link to the Button link field.
Embed your calendar directly in a video
In the same way, you can also embed your calendar into the HTML of a Custom Action, allowing your viewers to schedule a meeting with you directly from the video.
- Select the Actions icon from the main menu in Vidyard, then click on New Action.
- Under the Custom section, select Fullscreen > then Create.
- Select the HTML tab, then paste the embed code from your calendar into the code editor.
- Select Save and Assign to add the Action to your videos.
Make your calendar a Default Action
If you want the Action that includes your calendar to apply automatically to your videos, you can set the Action as a default.
Default Actions apply to all videos within a folder. Make sure the Action is first available in the same folder that contains the videos you want to add your calendar to.
- Select the Actions icon from the main menu to open your list of existing actions.
- Open the overflow menu (3 dots) next to the Action that you want to set as default, then click Assign.
- Switch the Default Action toggle at the top of the page to ON.
- Choose where you would like the Action to appear in your videos.
- Select PRE for the Action to appear before the video starts,
- Select POST for the Action to appear at the end of the video.
- Enter a numerical value in the Start box for the Action to appear at a specific second during playback.