Vidyard allows you to make copies of your calls-to-action (CTAs). Duplicating an Action is especially useful if you need to:
- Test or modify an existing Action without affecting the videos it's already assigned to
- Re-create an existing Action without starting from scratch
Duplicate copies all formatting, settings, and custom code (if applicable) from the original Action. The duplicate Action will not be assigned to any Teams or videos, or carry over any of the original Action's analytics.
You can watch the video to see how to duplicate an Action, or read a walkthrough below.
Duplicate an Action
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- Select the Actions icon from the main menu
- Open the menu (3 dots) next to the Action you want to duplicate
- Click on Duplicate to create a copy
The duplicate should appear right away at the top of your list of Actions with the title "Duplicate of [Action name]". Select it to start making changes.
Frequently asked questions
What parts of the Action are copied when duplicating?
Using Duplicate copies all aspects of the original Action, including:
- message and button text, colors
- the Action's settings (ability to skip, only show once, etc.)
- any custom HTML code (if applicable)
- the Action's name and description
The duplicate Action will not be assigned to any Teams or videos, or carry over any of the original Action's analytics.
If I duplicate a default Action, will it also be a default?
No, using Duplicate does not copy over any of the original Action's Team or video assignments. You choose how the new duplicate Action gets assigned, including making it a default Action.