Sales and marketing teams are more data-driven than ever—and that's especially true of organizations using video.
The Vidyard for Salesforce Reporting Package makes it as simple as possible for sales and marketing leaders to understand the clear value and impact that video has on their business, including pipeline, opportunities and revenue influenced by video.
The reports package consists of a set of pre-built reports and dashboards in Salesforce. These were developed based on best practices for measuring the success of teams using video to generate and engage leads throughout the buyer's journey. Use the reports package to understand:
|Sales reports||Marketing reports|
- Complete the Vidyard for Salesforce Integration set up
- For users with an existing Vidyard for Salesforce integration, you must have at least v1.30 of the Vidyard app
- The necessary role permissions in Salesforce to install packages
Install the Vidyard reports package
- Install the Vidyard for Salesforce Reporting Package
- Choose the Salesforce users for whom the reports package will be available
- Click Install
- Click Done once the installation completes
The Vidyard for Salesforce Reporting Package consists of a set of pre-built reports and dashboard components. The package includes:
- 2 pre-built dashboards
- 4 custom report types
- 19 reports
- 4 custom fields
Once the package has been installed, its components can be viewed in Salesforce at anytime:
- From the Salesforce Dashboard, click on Setup
- Search for and select Installed Packages
- Click on Vidyard Reports > View Components
|Vidyard GoVideo Sales Dashboard||N/A||Dashboard|
|Vidyard Video Marketing Dashboard||""||Dashboard|
|opportunities with contacts with video views||""||Custom Report Type|
|leads with video views||""||Custom Report Type|
|contacts with video views||""||Custom Report Type|
|video views||""||Custom Report Type|
|Group Owner**||Video View||Custom Field|
|Vidyard Count**||Contact||Custom Field|
|Vidyard Count||Lead||Custom Field|
|Vidyard Count||Opportunity||Custom Field|
|MTD Opportunities Created with Video||N/A||Report|
|Average Video Completion Rate by Rep||""||Report|
|Videos Influencing Opportunities||""||Report|
|QTD Closed Won with Video||""||Report|
|WTD Videos Sent by Rep**||""||Report|
|WTD Video Views by Rep||""||Report|
|MTD Video Engaged Leads||""||Report|
|MTD Video Engaged Contacts||""||Report|
|MTD Video Views by Rep||""||Report|
|MTD Videos Sent by Rep**||""||Report|
|Top Videos by # of Opportunities Influenced||N/A||Report|
|Top Videos by $ of Pipeline Influenced||""||Report|
|Top Videos by $ of Closed Revenue Influenced||""||Report|
|Top Accounts by Video Views||""||Report|
|Total Views by Attention Span||""||Report|
|Videos by Highest Attention Span||""||Report|
|Top Videos Viewed by Seconds Watched||""||Report|
|Top Videos Viewed by View Count||""||Report|
|Video Views by Month||""||Report|
Configure the reports to work for your team
Videos Sent Reports
Both the MTD Videos Sent by Rep and WTD Videos Sent by Rep reports are designed to filter for emails that contain
share.vidyard.com, the domain that forms part of the URL to a GoVideo sharing page. A video counts as "sent" if Salesforce recognizes a sharing page URL in the comments field of a Salesforce email task.
In order for the reports to successfully count videos as sent, you must ensure that:
- Salesforce email tracking has been enabled on your team's email tool
- Your team includes the URL to the GoVideo sharing page in the body of the email
- If the sharing page URL is hyperlinked to an image or hidden with descriptive text, Salesforce will not recognize that a video is contained in the email.
If your company has replaced
share.vidyard.com with its own CNAME, update both of these reports to filter for your company's CNAME.
- From the Salesforce Dashboard, click on Reports > search for Vidyard Reports Package > WTD (or MTD) Videos Sent by Rep
- Scroll down. Under the Filtered By section, select Edit
share.vidyard.comwith your company's CNAME
Group Owner Custom Field
Many of our reports contain a custom field called Group Owner. This was created in order to cleanly display the owner of a video view or other engagement data in Vidyard reports, rather than pull from the Video View object's Group Name field which identifies a user by their email address (e.g. personal account - firstname.lastname@example.org)
If an email address from the Video View object's Group Name field matches the email address of a Salesforce user, the user's name is written to the Group Owner field in various Vidyard reports.
- For views to register against a member of your team, the video must be sent from a user's GoVideo account (personal account - email@example.com). You can verify the Group Owner by checking the Group Name field on a video view record.
- The Group Owner field does not backfill. If you already have video view records in Salesforce, those video views will not have the Group Owner field filled out. After the Vidyard reports package is installed, any future views will generate an associated Group Owner.
- In the event that a user has multiple Salesforce accounts with the same email address, the user's name for the account with the most recent activity will be used.
Vidyard Count Custom Field
Reports that indicate view or engagement data for contacts, leads, and opportunities will have an additional field called Vidyard Count. Typically each view is counted individually, even if that view is generated from the same contact more than once.
The Vidyard Count field allows for counting of unique views. Now you can understand separately the number of total views that a sales rep has received as well as the unique contacts, leads and opportunities that have viewed videos.
See the below example:
- Individual views, including multiple views from the same contact
- Total number of views received
- Number of unique views received (Vidyard Count)
Additional Report Customization
Vidyard's reports are pre-built to help you best understand how selling with video impacts your business. However, should you require further report customization, you will need to create a new custom report type that allows for access to additional reporting fields and relationships with other Salesforce objects.
Cloning an existing report type is the easiest way to modify which fields are available to your reports:
- From the Salesforce Dashboard, click Setup
- Use the Quick Find box to search for Report Types, then select Report Types
- Choose an existing Vidyard Report Type and click Clone
- Give your report type a descriptive label and name
- Select Deployed, then Save
- If necessary, modify the report type's object relationships and available fields
- You may now create reports using your new report type:
- Select Reports > New Report, then select your new report type