The Vidyard Chrome extension allows you to create and share videos with your customers, prospects, and colleagues—all in just a few clicks.
The Chrome extension also allows you to edit your videos, including the ability to change your video thumbnail.
- You must have a Vidyard account
Select a video from your library
You can change the thumbnail of a video on the edit page. The edit page opens whenever you finish a new recording.
You can also open the edit page for a video at any time from the video library.
- Click on the Vidyard extension in the top, right-corner of your browser
- Click on Videos tab, then select Go to Library
- Hover over the video that you want to edit, then click on the title of the video
Make sure that you've selected a video from the library and not a playlist. If you've selected a playlist, click on the title of the video inside the playlist to open the video edit page.
Change your video thumbnail
Open a video on the edit page, then scroll down to the Thumbnail editor to choose from one of several options:
- Static thumbnail: a still image taken from the 1st second of your video
- Animated thumbnail: a
.giftaken from the first 3 seconds of your video
- Upload a thumbnail: select a file from your computer (
.gif, maximum 5GB in size)
- Take a picture: don't like your thumbnail? Take a photo with your webcam to create a new one.