Vidyard’s integration with Salesloft gives your sales team real-time view notifications in their Salesloft Live Feed when a contact watches a Vidyard video. Sellers can use this information to prioritize and follow-up with contacts when they’re most engaged.
With the integration, Salesloft also uses video views from Vidyard as signals to personalize your sellers’ AI-powered Rhythm workflows and recommend their next best action.
For example, when a contact watches a video, Rhythm may create and prioritize a task for a seller to make a follow-up phone call within the next hour.
Set up requirements
- You must be an Admin in Salesloft
- You must have access to the top-level parent folder in your Vidyard account
- You must belong to a Team in Vidyard with permission to Edit Integrations
Connect Vidyard to Salesloft
Vidyard’s integration with Salesloft is an account-wide feature. It applies to all users and videos in your account. To set up the integration, make sure to navigate to the top-level parent folder in Vidyard.
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- Select Admin
> Integrations from the main menu
- Use Change Folder to navigate to the top-level parent folder, if needed
- Select + Add next to Salesloft Rhythm
- Enter your Salesloft credentials and sign in to complete the connection with Vidyard
Set up Plays for Vidyard
Plays help your sales team stay on top of activities and close deals by automatically creating seller actions based on incoming signals (like video views from Vidyard).
When you set up the Vidyard integration with Salesloft, you can create Plays that use video views as a signal to generate tasks for your sales team. For example, if a buyer watches 75% of a video, the Play automatically creates a Call Task for the seller to follow up.
Salesloft’s Conductor AI may then prioritize and present tasks created from Plays to your sellers in their Rhythm workflow.
A Salesloft admin can create Plays from integration signals by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > Plays (under the Workflow category)
- Select Create Play
- Under Integrations, select 1 of the 4 Plays from Vidyard then select Use Framework
- Select Enable Play After Saving to use the Play immediately
- Select Save to finish
Each Play from Vidyard has the following default, recommended configuration (see the table below). You can make changes to each Play’s action and due date, if needed.
|Signal from Vidyard||Action||Due date|
|Watched less than 25% of video||Create Email task||Due within 1 hour|
|Watched more than 25% of video||Create Call Task||Due within 1 hour|
|Watched more than 50% of video||Create Call Task||Due within 1 hour|
|Watched more than 75% of vide||Create Call Task||Due within 1 hour|
Rhythm tasks from Vidyard
Based on the Plays you set up for Vidyard, Salesloft may prioritize and present tasks to your sellers based on the signals it receives from Vidyard video views. Sellers receive these tasks in their Rhythm workflow.
Each task that Rhythm suggests shows sellers:
- What action they should take next—for example, a follow-up Call Task
- What signal initiated the task— for example, the person watched greater than 75% of a Vidyard video
View notifications in Salesloft
In addition to prioritized tasks in Rhythm, Vidyard sends real-time view notifications to Salesloft so that sellers can prioritize and follow-up with contacts when they’re most engaged.
When a contact watches a video and becomes an identified viewer, you’ll find a new view notification in your contact’s activity record and your Salesloft live feed.
Notifications in your Activity Record
When a contact in Salesloft watches a video, you’ll receive a view notification as a note in their activity record.
A notification is sent each time the person watches the video from the beginning.
- Select People from the main menu, then click on a person to open their profile
- Look for the “Vidyard View” note in their Activity record
- Select the note for more details, including:
- The title of the video
- A link to the video in your Vidyard account
Live Feed notifications
A view notification appears in your Live Feed whenever an identified contact watches a Vidyard video. Each Live Feed notification shows you:
- The name of the person who watched the video
- The person’s job title
- The title of the video they watched (the title links back to your Vidyard library)
- How much of the video they watched (75%)
Get more detail about your video views
Want to know more about a person’s video view? Go to the Insights for your video in Vidyard to see details like your viewer’s location, the percentage of video watched (25, 50, 75, 100%), and whether they clicked on your video’s call-to-action.
- Click on the link to your video from the view notification in your Salesloft activity or live feed
- The link takes you to the video in your Vidyard library
- Select the Insights tab from the menu
Delete the integration
If for whatever reason you need to delete the feeds integration for Salesloft, you can remove the connection from the integrations page in Vidyard.
Deleting does not remove any existing data in Salesloft. Your users in Salesloft will no longer receive view notifications in their Live Feeds or as notes in activity records.
- Select Admin > Integrations from the main menu in Vidyard
- If you’re not already in parent folder, use Change Folder to switch folders
- Select Manage next to Salesloft, then click on the delete icon (trash can)
- Select Save, then select Delete again to confirm
Frequently asked questions
What access does Vidyard have to my Salesloft account?
The Feeds integration requires a Salesloft user with Admin permissions to create the OAuth connection.
Vidyard uses the Admin role’s API access to write view notifications to the correct Person’s activity record and the correct Salesloft users’ Live Feeds.
Can I connect Vidyard to more than 1 Salesloft account?
You can only connect Vidyard account to 1 Salesloft account.