Vidyard’s Feeds integration allows you to receive video view notifications directly in your Salesloft activity and live feeds.
With real-time insights about who’s watched your videos, you can prioritize highly engaged contacts and take action to drive next steps with the right prospects and opportunities.
Set up requirements
- You must be an Admin in Salesloft
- You must have access to the top-level parent folder in your Vidyard account
- You must belong to a Team in Vidyard with permission to Edit Integrations
Connect Vidyard to Salesloft
The Feeds integration with Salesloft is an account-wide feature. It applies to all users and videos in your account. To set up the integration, make sure to navigate to the top-level parent folder in Vidyard.
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- Select Admin
> Integrations from the main menu
- Use Change Folder to navigate to the top-level parent folder, if needed
- Select + Add next to Salesloft
- Enter your Salesloft credentials and sign in to complete the connection with Vidyard
Getting view notifications in Salesloft
When a contact watches a video and becomes an identified viewer, Vidyard sends real-time view notifications to Salesloft so that you can prioritize and follow-up with engaged contacts.
To make sure a contact is identified, you can send a video using the Vidyard app in Salesloft.
You’ll find Vidyard view notifications in 2 locations in Salesloft:
- A note in the activity feed of the person who watched the video
- A notification in your Live Feed
Activity feed notifications
When a contact in Salesloft watches a video, you’ll receive a view notification as a note in their activity feed.
A notification is sent for each time the person watches the video from the beginning.
- Select People from the main menu, then click on a person to open their profile
- Look for the “Vidyard View” note in their Activity feed
- Select the note for more details, including:
- The title of the video
- A link to the video in your Vidyard account
Live Feed notifications
When a contact in Salesloft watches a video, we’ll also send a view notification to the Salesloft Live Feed.
Open your Live Feed in the top corner of Salesloft. The notification indicates who watched the video, the video title, and a link to the video in Vidyard.
Because more than 1 user in Salesloft may be working the same person, we use the following logic to determine who gets the Live Feed notification:
|Priority (start with first, if none move to second, etc…)||Who gets the Live Feed notification?|
|First||The user who last contacted the person|
|Second||From the most recent cadence applied to the person:
|Third||From the last cadence applied to the person where a user completed a step:
|Fourth||The owner of the person’s profile in Salesloft|
Get more detail about your video views
Want to know more about a person’s video view? Go to the Insights for your video in Vidyard to see details like your viewer’s location, the percentage of video watched (25, 50, 75, 100%), and whether they clicked on your video’s call-to-action.
- Click on the link to your video from the view notification in your Salesloft activity or live feed
- The link takes you to the video in your Vidyard account
- Select the Insights tab from the menu
Delete the integration
If for whatever reason you need to delete the feeds integration for Salesloft, you can remove the connection from the integrations page in Vidyard.
Deleting does not remove any existing data in Salesloft. Your users in Salesloft will no longer receive view notifications in their Live Feeds or as notes in activity records.
- Select Admin > Integrations from the main menu in Vidyard
- If you’re not already in parent folder, use Change Folder to switch folders
- Select Manage next to Salesloft, then click on the delete icon (trash can)
- Select Save, then select Delete again to confirm
Frequently asked questions
What access does Vidyard have to my Salesloft account?
The Feeds integration requires a Salesloft user with Admin permissions to create the OAuth connection.
Vidyard uses the Admin role’s API access to write view notifications to the correct Person’s activity record and the correct Salesloft users’ Live Feeds.
Can I connect Vidyard to more than 1 Salesloft account?
You can only connect Vidyard account to 1 Salesloft account.