This article outlines the technical parameters required to produce a video that can be used with Vidyard's personalized video API.
Below you will find requirements that must be adhered to throughout production:
- Technical parameters to consider when shooting the video
- Guidelines for what edits and effects can be rendered through Vidyard's personalization engine
Note: It's crucial that the technical parameters are followed closely. This ensures Vidyard can handle the project as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
As always, the Vidyard Professional Services Team is here to provide guidance and answer any additional questions.
From beginning to end, your production team is responsible for:
- Shooting the video according to the technical parameters listed below
- Using Adobe After Effects to apply edits, effects, and identify points of personalization (as per specifications)
- Submitting the final project to Vidyard for process and rendering.
Shooting the video
The personalized video API places specific parameters on when in your video personalization can occur. In order for your video to work best with our personalization engine, consider the following when planning your project:
- Personalization cannot happen within the first 20 seconds of the video
- You can only personalize 30 seconds worth of the video
- Exceeding the 30-second limit may result in buffering and a non-personalized segment of the video being delivered to the viewer.
Editing in Adobe After Effects
Ensure that any additional effects added to your video are supported by Vidyard's personalization engine:
- Basic text layers only (no images or audio)
- Custom fonts are supported (these should be licensed and provided as
- Excludes "Faux Bold" or inter-character spacing manipulations
- Text layers and their parent layer/compositions cannot use effects, Alpha/Track Mattes or blending modes other than:
- Normal blend mode
- Basic 2D transform operations (anchor points, positions, scaling, rotation, opacity)
- Corner pin (this can be used to help mimic 3D placement/motion)
- Layers on top of personalized text can only use normal blend mode
- Adjustment layers or masks on top of the personalized text are not supported