Copy an embed code
- From the Vidyard dashboard, click Content > Player
- Hover your cursor over a player, then click Share
- Under the Responsive Embed option, click Copy Code
- Select Use Lightbox to change the code to a lightbox embed
- Enter a width and height in pixels to fix to the size of the player
- Insert the embed into the source code of your webpage.
The responsive embed code is Vidyard's recommended embed type. It uses our most up-to-date player technology to deliver video content.
The responsive embed can be used as an inline or lightbox player.
Click on the Trouble embedding? box to change the responsive embed to an iFrame. An iframe is used to reference and display a source external to a webpage. It is used when some kind of limitation does not allow for a directly embed on the webpage.
- A player embedded as a lightbox can also be launched from a text hyperlink (see sample code).
- Append a query string to your webpage URL to launch a lightbox player when the page loads (see sample code).
Embed types and marketing automation platforms (MAPs)
One of Vidyard’s most powerful features is its ability to integrate with various Marketing Automation Platforms (MAPs) such as Marketo, Eloqua and Hubspot. How you choose to embed a player on your website may impact how Vidyard communicates with these MAPs.
In order for Vidyard to communicate video view analytics to an integrated MAP platform, two things must be present:
- Your MAP's tracking cookie must be present on the same page as the Vidyard player.
|Embed type||Can communicate with MAP?|
|Responsive embed (inline or lightbox)||Yes|
|Legacy inline or lightbox embed||Yes|
|Vidyard hubs and sharing pages||Yes (see notes below)|
Add the tracking script from your MAP to your video hub or sharing page.