Embed your player
- From the Vidyard dashboard, click Content > Player
- Hover your cursor over a player, click Share
- Select the necessary embed code:
- Use the Trouble embedding? checkbox to change from the inline option to an iframe embed code. Keep in mind: players embedded using the iframe method cannot pass video view data to third-party integrations like Salesforce, Marketo (or other MAPs/CRMs)
- Lightbox embed: Displays a clickable thumbnail that loads the lighbox player in the center of the screen, dimming all other elements on the page. Use the lighbox embed code when you want to highlight your player and make it the focus of the page.
- Check Use Lightbox to which the responsive embed to a lightbox. Use the height and width fields to configure the player's max size.
- The lightbox embed code provides a clickable thumbnail that launches the lightbox player. It is also possible to launch the player from a text hyperlink (see our sample code).
- You can append a query string to your webpage URL to launch the lightbox upon page load. This means that you can launch the lighbox on page loads for some visitors (eg. through an email link), while allowing others to navigate your site as usual (see our sample code).
- If you embed a player more than once on a given page, the videos will not load. In order to embed a video in two places on one page, add the video(s) into two separate players, then embed each of these players on the page separately.
Which embed type to use for Marketing Automation Platforms (MAPs)?
One of Vidyard’s most powerful features is its ability to integrate with various Marketing Automation Platforms (MAPs) such as Marketo, Eloqua and Hubspot. How you choose to embed a player on your website may impact how Vidyard communicates with these MAPs.
In order to integrate with a MAP, Vidyard relies on communication with a cookie on the viewer’s computer. To gain access to this cookie and the data it contains, two things must be present:
|Embed Type||Can communicate with MAP?|
|Branded sharing page||Yes (See notes below)|
|Video Hub||Yes (See notes below)|
Both the inline embed and the iframe embed play Vidyards videos from within an iframe. Iframe embeds, however, are not compatible with Marketo, Eloqua or HubSpot.
The reason for this is cookie access. For Vidyard to communicate view data to a MAP, we must first be able to access the user’s cookie associated with the particular MAP. This cookie contains all the necessary info (user identification etc.) for us to link a particular viewer to a lead/contact in the MAP.
Inline embed codes do not directly load the iframe which plays the Vidyard player. They first perform some computation to check for and grab any MAP cookie. Then, when the script loads the player, it provides it with the information contained within the cookie (as an iframe cannot directly access a cookie from another domain).