This article describes features available to participants in the Vidyard for Internal Communications Early Access Product. If you are not a participant in the early access product, you can still refer to our documentation on existing security options for your videos.
Vidyard allows you to use an IP whitelist to secure your company's videos for internal use. An IP whitelist ensures that only viewers connected to a company network or VPN are permitted to watch your videos.
There are two steps to secure your videos with an IP whitelist:
- Select a folder to apply an IP whitelist as a default security setting: the whitelist applies to all videos within the folder (as well as any subfolders that inherit its settings)
- Enter the IP addresses or ranges that you want to whitelist: this will restrict the playback of videos and ensure that viewers must be connected to a valid IP address before they are able to watch.
- You must be a member of the Admin team in Vidyard
Select a folder to apply a default security setting
Before you begin, think carefully about which folder(s) you want to apply to an IP whitelist to.
When you enable a default security setting, like an IP whitelist, the setting is applied to all videos within a folder. Default security settings will also cascade to any subfolders (including your users' personal folders).
For example, if you apply a default security setting in the parent folder of your account, those changes will also propagate to the videos in all subfolders as well.
- Select the Library button from the navigation menu
- Select the folder that you want to apply an IP whitelist to
- If necessary, use the folder menu to change the folder that you're currently in
- Click on the dropdown arrow next the folder name, then select Settings
Add one or more IP addresses to your whitelist
Once you've added one or more IP addresses to your whitelist, the setting will automatically apply to all videos in the folder (as well as any subfolders that inherit the setting). Any future updates to the IP whitelist will automatically apply as well.
Keep in mind, users with the correct permissions may still choose to opt out of the new default and select a different security setting on a per video basis (for example, to secure a video with a password or share as an open link to anyone).
- On the folder settings page, click on the Change button
- Select Only viewers within an IP address range, then click Update
- Enter an IP address or range or IP addresses using CIDR notation (e.g. 127.0.0.1/24)
- Click on Add IP Address to finished