With the Vidyard for Zoom integration, any meeting or webinar that your users record to the cloud will automatically upload to their personal folder in Vidyard, based on their email address.
By uploading your recordings to Vidyard, you can better manage your cloud storage capacity in Zoom. Your recordings will also become available for playback and distribution with all the great features available in Vidyard:
- automatically generate English-language captions for your recording
- Secure your video with a password, IP whitelist, or single sign on (SSO)
- Distribute on your recording on branded video hub or sharing page
- Capture and review detailed viewer analytics as the recording is watched and re-watched by your audience
- Your user in Vidyard must have the Edit Integrations permission with access to the account-level parent folder
- Your user in Zoom must be licensed with at least a Pro account, and have permission to View Recording Management and Users
Note: You may want to create and use a Zoom user dedicated to setting up third-party services and integrations. This is a best practice so that the integration is not tied to any specific person's Zoom account.
Connect Vidyard to Zoom
The Zoom integration is an account-wide integration and needs to be connected in the parent folder of your Vidyard account.
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- Select Admin > Integrations from the main menu
- Use the Change Folder button to switch into the top-level parent folder (if you have not already)
- Click on +Add next to Zoom and sign in to your account (see requirements for your Zoom user)
- Authorize Vidyard to access Zoom, when prompted
Delete the Zoom integration
When you delete the Zoom integration, cloud recordings from Zoom will no longer automatically upload into your users' personal folders in Vidyard.
Any data used to establish the integration with Zoom (like your Zoom Account ID) is removed from Vidyard.
- Select Admin > Integrations from the Vidyard dashboard
- If necessary, use the Change Folder button to switch to the integration page at the top-level, parent folder of the account
- Open the menu (3 dots) next to Zoom, then select Delete and confirm your choice
You can also choose to delete the integration from your account in the Zoom Marketplace.
- Sign in to the Zoom Marketplace, then select Manage
- Click on Installed Apps
- Next to Vidyard, select Uninstall then follow the prompts to confirm your decision
Frequently asked questions
What access does Vidyard have to my Zoom account?
When you connect Vidyard to Zoom, you are asked to allow Vidyard to access parts of your account.
Giving access allows Vidyard to obtain cloud recordings from your users, and match the video and/or audio files to their personal folders in Vidyard.
You can always review the permissions and scopes required by Vidyard on our listing in the Zoom App Marketplace.