Each user in Vidyard has a personal folder where videos that they record or upload are organized. With the Vidyard for Zoom integration, any meeting or webinar that you record to the cloud will be automatically uploaded to your personal folder in Vidyard.
- The Vidyard for Zoom integration must be set up in your account
- You must be a licensed Zoom user
- You must have the Cloud Recording setting enabled
- The email address that you use for your Zoom account must be the same as the email address associated with your user in Vidyard
Record your meeting in Zoom
As of the host of a Zoom meeting or webinar, click on the Record button from the Zoom toolbar, then select Record to the Cloud.
If you are sharing your screen, click on More to reveal additional options, then select Record to the Cloud.
Learn more about starting a Cloud Recording in Zoom.
Stop the recording in Zoom when finished. The cloud recording will automatically begin to upload to your personal folder in Vidyard.
Locate your Zoom recording in Vidyard
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select the Library button from the menu
- Use either the folder menu or the search bar to navigate to your personal folder
- Your personal folder will be named according to the following format: "personal account - firstname.lastname@example.org"
You will find the Zoom recording as a video in your folder (the title of the video may differ depending on how the meeting was created — e.g. directly from Zoom, via Google Calendar, via Slack, etc).
- Click on the title of the video to open the edit page.
- Each recording imported to Vidyard will include the time and date in the video description.
- A tag titled "Zoom recording" will be added to each imported video.
What can I do with my recording now that it's in Vidyard?
Now that your Zoom recording has been uploaded to your personal folder, you can take advantage of all the great editing, security and sharing features in Vidyard. Here are a few to get started:
- Automatically generate English-language captions for your recording
- Add security to your recording before sharing internally
- Add the recording to a video hub or distribute on your branded sharing page
- Capture and review video insights and reports as your recording is watched and re-watched
Can I still upload Zoom meetings to Vidyard without Cloud Recording enabled?
Don't have the ability to record to the cloud in Zoom? No problem. You can always take any Zoom meetings that you've recorded locally to your computer and upload the file to your video library in Vidyard.
Does the host have to record the meeting in order for the video to upload to Vidyard?
It does not matter whether the host permits another participant to record the meeting. So long as the email address associated with the meeting creator's Zoom and Vidyard accounts are the same, the recording will always upload to their personal folder in Vidyard.