Use blur to stay professional and minimize distractions in your video
Whether you're working in a busy cafe or a messy office space, you can use Blur to hide your camera background, minimize distractions for your viewers, and help you record videos with confidence.
You can turn Background Blur on or off in the Vidyard browser extension (Chrome or Edge) when recording in Screen + Cam mode (camera-only mode soon to come!).
- Vidyard browser extension version 3.13.14 or above
Enable background blur
- Open the Vidyard extension, then select Screen + Cam as your recording type
- Toggle Background Blur On
- Alternatively, you can select Enable Background Blur next to your camera bubble
- Select Start Recording to begin creating your video
Frequently asked questions
Can I customize my camera bubble with other virtual backgrounds?
At the moment you can only blur the background in your camera bubble, but keep your eye out for more options coming soon!
Can I blur my background in camera-only mode?
We're working on adding blur to camera-only mode. For now, you can only blur your camera bubble background when recording with Screen + Cam.