Adding an email gate to your players is one of the simplest ways to turn unknown viewers into known leads by collecting a viewer’s email address upfront, before they see the content. This allows Vidyard to associate that email address with their view data so you can follow up with them based on their level of engagement.
You can create an email gate from the Event Library and then assign it to either individual videos or as a pre-roll default event for all videos in your group.
Create a fullscreen event
- Navigate to the Event Library
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Events
- Click + New Event
- From the Event Type dropdown menu, select Fullscreen > Create
- Provide your event with a name and description. Use these fields to indicate what the event does and when it should be used.
- Click on Event Builder
- Select the Form option
- Enter "Email address" as a field (alternatively, select + Default Fields to populate basic "email", "first name", "last name", "company" fields)
- Toggle the Sends emails to field ON to receive a notification to a specified email address when someone submits information to the form
- Click Done, then Generate
- Toggle the event settings to ensure that the form is "gated"
- Toggle Display Once, New Contact, and Skippable to OFF
- Further configure the look and feel of your form using the Background Color, Transparency and Blur settings
- Optionally, select the HTML tab to style your form with additional code
Assign your event to a video(s)
- Click on the Assign button at the top of the event editor page
- Click + Add Video to begin assigning your event
- Events can be applied to to any video within your group. Click the + button to assign to a video.
- Videos are organized along the left-hand column according to their players
- Use the search bar to find videos according to player name, video name, or tags
- Determine where the event will appear on your selected videos
- Individual videos: adjust the bar for each video separately to select where the event will appear (choose pre-roll, post-roll or anywhere in between)
- All selected videos: alternatively, enable Apply to All to position the event at the same location across all selected videos
- Default Event: apply the event as a default to all videos within your group.
- Click Save to finish