If using Google Chrome, you may encounter the following error when signing in to GoVideo:
Your browser has third-party cookies blocked. To sign in to GoVideo, permit Chrome to use third-party cookies in your browser settings.
GoVideo requires that your browser can save and read cookie data in order to authenticate users. If Chrome has been configured to block third-party cookies, you may not be able to properly sign in to your GoVideo account.
What are browser cookies?
Browser cookies are files created by websites that you've visited. Cookies make your online experience easier by saving browsing information. Cookies allow your browser to:
- Keep you signed in to websites
- Remember site preferences
- Serve up locally relevant content
There are two types of cookies:
- First-party cookies are created by the site you visit. The site is shown in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies are created by other sites. These sites own some of the content, like ads or images, that you see on the webpage you visit.
- Open the Chrome menu in the upper, right-hand corner of the browser (three dots)
- Select Settings > Advanced
- Click Content Settings > Cookies
- Toggle on Allow sites to save and read cookie data
- Return to GoVideo and attempt to sign in again
You may also refer to Google's documentation for further assistance with cookies and browser settings