Notifications allow you to stay up-to-date on important activities in your Vidyard account. Visit your user profile in Vidyard to manage your notification preferences.
You can control the type of notifications you receive, like new video views, as well as how you get notified (in-app notifications, emails, or both).
Change your user's notification preferences
Changes that you make to notification preferences in your user profile apply globally to your account. Your preferences only affect you as a user.
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- Select My Profile from the main menu, then click on the Notifications tab
- Switch the toggles ON/OFF to manage your notification preferences
How you get notified (in-app versus email)
For some types of notifications, you can control how you get notified, whether that's in-app or via email.
- In-app applies to messages you receive in your notification feeds (on vidyard.com, in the browser extension, desktop app, and the mobile app)
- Email applies to notifications sent to your email address
Types of notifications
Here's a list of the different types of notifications that you can manage in your user profile:
|All||Enable or disable all notification types|
Any videos that you record or upload
|Views||Get notified when someone watches one of your videos (or another user's video that you've subscribed to)|
Requests to join your account as a team member
|Account access request emails||
New videos uploaded to a folder
Get notified when someone uploads a new video to any shared folder.
(Applies to Business accounts).
New activity from contributors in your Rooms
|Views, Comments, Mentions, and Room Visits||
For Room Owners - Receive a notification when:
For Room contributors - Receive a notification when:
Subscribe to or mute view notifications for a specific video
In addition to the global preferences in your user profile, you can also choose to subscribe to or mute view notifications for a specific video.
- For videos that you create, you are automatically subscribed to notifications. You can then choose to mute notifications for the video if you no longer want to be notified about views.
- For videos created by other users, you can choose to subscribe to view notifications if you have access to the video (applies to Business accounts).
When you subscribe to a specific video, you receive notifications based on the preferences set in your user profile (in-app, email, or both).
- Select a video from your library to open its edit page
- Click the notifications icon , then select turn off/on all notifications for this video
- You can also select Notification Preferences to edit your user's account-wide preferences
- Open the browser extension or desktop app
- Select the library ▶️ icon
- Open the menu (3 dots) next to a video, then select Edit Video
- Click on the notifications icon on the video's edit page, and select turn off/on all notifications for this video