Members of the Admin team in Vidyard have full control over user management. Admins have the ability to:
- 👉 invite new users to join the account,
- 👉 assign users to a Team (a Team determines your users' access to folders and permissions)
- 👉 manage seat requests from users asking to join your account
- 👉 delete users from the account
The number of users you can add to an account is determined by the amount of available User Seats. Each Vidyard subscription plan includes a set number of User Seats with the option to purchase additional seats as needed.
Adding new users
- From the main menu in Vidyard, select Admin > Users
- Select Add Users
- Enter 1 or more email addresses to invite users to join your account
- You can also upload a CSV file or copy and paste a comma-separated list to add multiple users at once
- Select a Team for the users to join
- Click on Add to finish
Note: a user can only belong to 1 team. If necessary, you can always move users to a different team.
Adding new users in bulk with a CSV file
If you have a large number of users to add to Vidyard, upload a
.csv file to send invitations in bulk.
The CSV file should contain a single column with only email addresses. Download our CSV template as an example to get started.
- Click Upload CSV to invite a list of users
- Select the
.csvfile from your computer
- Select a Team for users to join, then click on Add to finish
Resending user invitations
If a user is having trouble either receiving or accepting their invitation, you can resend the email invitation from the users page in Vidyard.
Anyone who has not yet accepted their invitation to join will have a status of Invitation Sent under the Last Active column.
- From the main menu, select Admin > Users to open your list of users
- Select 1 or more with a pending invitation
- Open the menu in the top, right-hand corner, then click on Resend invitation
- Select Send to confirm
Managing requests to join your account
Any person at your company or organization with a Vidyard Free account is able to request to join your Team account. Members of the Admin Team will then have the option to choose whether to allow, or reject their request.
When you accept a request to join, the new user is given one of your account's available User Seats.
If you need more User Seats, select Get More Seats at the top the page and we'll reach out to help increase your allotment.
- Select Admin > Users from the main menu
- Select Manage Requests
- Choose to accept or reject each person's request:
- To accept a request, select a Team from the dropdown menu for the user to join
- To reject a request, select the trash icon (🗑️ )
Each requester will receive an email notification indicating whether their request to join your account was accepted or denied. If accepted, the email includes a link with steps join your account as a new user.
Removing existing users
When a user is removed, they will no longer be able to access their account. Any assets that they authored (videos, hubs, reports, etc.) will remain in Vidyard for your team to use.
- Select Admin > Users from the main menu
- Select 1 or more users from the list
- Click on Delete (🗑️ )and then confirm to remove the user(s)
Managing deleted users' personal folders
Whenever you delete a user, their personal folder stays with the company account so that you and your teams can retain, audit and continue to use the videos, as needed.
The label "revoked" is added to the name of the personal folder to indicate that it belonged to a former user. You can find these revoked folders at the bottom of the folder list in the account.
[Revoked] Personal Account - email@example.com)
A few things to note about revoked folders:
- 👉 By default, only members of the Admin team have access to the revoked folder after a user has been deleted
- 👉 Revoked folders are treated like any other shared folder in the account. Admins can grant other teams access to the folder and manage what users are permitted to do with its videos.
- 👉 Legacy accounts only (with video limits): because the videos in a deleted user's personal folder become shared assets, they contribute to the overall video limit for your account. As a result, you may want the manage the revoked folder after the user has been deleted: