Users must belong to a team with the Manage Users and Manage Teams settings enabled
If you have the settings to Manage Teams & Users, you can upload a spreadsheet to Vidyard to update users' profile information, including their names, job titles, and personal calendar links.
Vidyard uses information from users' profiles to enhance and improve your teams' experience with certain features:
- personalizing Team Actions with users' names, roles, and calendar links
- automatically adding users' roles to the intro banner in the browser extension
- including users' names in Insights graphs and reports, in place of an email address
Go to the Users page in your account to download a list of users (
.csv format). You can then edit the spreadsheet and re-upload the list to Vidyard to update your users' profiles.
Download and update your list of users
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- Select Admin > Users from the main menu, then click on Bulk Update Users
- Select Download User List to get a
.csvfile containing a list of your current users
- Update the
.csvfile with your users' current information (name, job title, and calendar link), then save it to your computer
- To edit the file, use a common spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, or Google Sheets
- Return to Vidyard and select Upload User List, then select the
.csvfile from your computer
- You will see Processing... while the upload occurs
- Click Start Update Process once the file is marked as Ready
Editing the information in your user list
.csv spreadsheet that you download from Vidyard contains several columns with information about your users.
Vidyard will only update changes to the
Job Title, and
Calendar Link columns when you re-upload the file. The
Sign In columns are for reference only; changes to these columns are ignored.
Please be mindful of the character limit for each column.
- First name (max 25 characters)
- Last name (max 25 characters)
- Job title (max 60 characters)
- Calendar link
- Last sign in (YYYY-MM-DD time in UTC)
Frequently asked questions
Can I invite new users by adding them to the CSV file?
No, the Bulk Update Users option only allows you to update existing users' profile information. Any new rows added to the spreadsheet are ignored when you re-upload the file to Vidyard.
If you want to add new users with a CSV spreadsheet, you can do this separately under Admin > Users in your account.
Can I switch what Teams my users are on by editing the CSV?
No, you can only move users between Teams on the Users page in your account. Any changes to the Teams column in the spreadsheet are ignored when you upload the file to Vidyard.
Can I upload a file type other than CSV?
You can only upload a file in
.csv format. Other file types (
We recommend that you use the same
.csv file that Vidyard provides when you download a list of users from your account.