A playlist allows you to create a shareable collection of videos that play in sequence. Playlists are a great way to combine together multiple videos that support each other and help to tell a larger story.
You can manage all actions related to playlists from the video library:
- Create new playlists
- Add or remove videos from an existing playlist
- Re-arrange the order of videos in a playlist
Create a new playlist of videos
- Select 2 or more videos from your library
- If you select an existing playlist as one of the items from your library, the Create Playlist button will not appear
- Click on the Create Playlist button to combine the videos into a new playlist
Add videos to an existing playlist
- Select one or more videos from your library, then click on Add to Playlist
- Choose the playlist that you want to add the video(s) to, then click Select to finish
Remove videos from a playlist
- Select the title of a playlist in your library to open the edit page
- Open the dropdown menu next to a video in the list
- Select Remove
Change the order of videos in a playlist
You can re-arrange the order of a playlist to adjust the sequence in which you want the videos to play.
Note that as you adjust the order of the videos, the playlist's settings may change.
- Click on the title of the playlist in your library to open the edit page
- Click and drag the videos in the list to change their order
About playlist settings and behavior
A playlist inherits its settings from the videos that belong to the list. As you add, remove, and re-order videos, the behavior of the playlist may change.
Read the sections below to learn more about how playlists acquire different settings from videos.
Thumbnails and Player Design Settings
The thumbnail that a playlists displays on a page is taken from the first video in the list. Similarly, the player colors, controls, and playback settings (like autoplay) are all taken from the first video.
Video Access Settings
Playlists obtain access settings (like passwords) from the videos in the playlist. More than one access setting may apply to the playlist at the same time.
Learn more about how videos with access settings affect playlists.
In-video Actions (CTAs)
An Action is tied to the video it was assigned to. If a video with an Action is included in a playlist, the Action continues to appear in the video wherever it has been positioned in the list.
- Action X is assigned to Video Y
- Video Y is the second video in a playlist > Action X appears on Video Y
- Video Y is moved to the third position in the playlist > Action X moved with it
If you've assigned an Action as a default to your videos, the position of the default Action (pre, mid, or post-roll) determines how it gets applied to the playlist.
|Position of default Action||Behavior|
|Pre-roll (before playback)||The Action appears before the start of the first video in the playlist|
|Mid-roll (during playback)||The Action appears at the chosen time for each video in the playlist|
|Post-roll (after playback)||The Action appears at the end of the last video in the playlist|
To see a visual of where Actions appear within a playlist, select a playlist from your library to open the edit page.
Scroll down to the Actions section to see a visual overview of the videos in the playlist and which videos contain Actions. If needed, open the menu (3 dots) next to an Action name and select Edit to change or remove it from the video.