Record your video perfectly the first time 🗒️
You can use Video Notes while recording with the browser extension to help you deliver your message in one easy take.
Use the Notes text box to jot down helpful reminders, write out your talking points, or leave yourself a short message of encouragement. You can also add the sample video script from a Template to your notes to help record a video.
- You must have the Vidyard browser extension (for Chrome or Edge) installed to use Video Notes
Using Video Notes while recording with your camera
When you select Camera mode for recording, you'll find the Video Notes text box just above the center of your screen.
You can add notes before and during a recording. Your Video Notes are only visible to you, and do not appear in the finished video.
- Open the Vidyard browser extension, then select the Camera recording option
- Write a message, notes or reminder to yourself in the text box on your screen
- Select Start Recording when you're ready to record your video
Using Video Notes while recording your screen
You'll find your Video Notes in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen when you select either Screen or Screen + Cam mode. Just make sure you have Show recording controls enabled in your extension's recording preferences.
While recording is in progress, the Video Notes text box is automatically hidden. If you want to check your notes, select Pause from the recording controls for the text box to reappear.
Be aware that if you open Video Notes during the recording, your notes will be captured in the final video and visible to your viewer. Learn more about when your notes are visible to viewers.
- Open the browser extension, then select either the Screen or Screen + Cam recording option
- Write your Notes in the text box in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen
- If you do not see a text box, select Video Notes from your recording controls
- Use the Expand and Collapse buttons to resize the Video Notes text box
- Select Start Recording to begin your video
Frequently Asked Questions
What Vidyard apps support the Video Notes feature?
You can use Video Notes with the following recording apps:
- ✅ the Vidyard browser extension
- ✅ Vidyard for Gmail or Outlook (only when recording your screen & using Chrome or Edge with the browser extension installed)
- ❌ the desktop app
- ❌ the mobile app
- ❌ recording from your library on vidyard.com
Are my notes automatically saved?
Any notes that you add to the Video Notes text box are automatically saved. As you type, you'll see a "Saving..." status followed by "Saved" to confirm that your changes have not been lost.
Your Video Notes are only erased if you sign out of the browser extension, or your current authenticated session expires.
Is there a character limit for Video Notes?
There is no set character limit, so you can write as lengthy a note as you'd like! An entire novel may not be practical though 🤓
Does the Video notes text box accept special characters?
Yes, you can add any special characters to the Video Notes text box — including emojis 🎉
Will Video Notes be visible to viewers?
By default, Video Notes are only visible to you and do not appear in the finished video.
The only time your notes may be visible to viewers is if you choose to open Video Notes during an active Screen or Screen + Cam recording.
See the table below for details on when and how your notes are visible:
|Recording Mode||Are my notes visible? 👀|
|Camera||Video Notes are only visible to you and do not appear in the finished video|
|Screen or Screen + Cam||
To avoid capturing your notes as part of the video, Video Notes are automatically hidden while the recording is in progress.
Select Pause on the recording controls for your notes to reappear. You can then select Resume to hide the notes again, and continue recording.
If you select the Video Notes icon during an active screen recording, be aware that your notes will be visible to viewers in the finished video.