You can record videos with the Vidyard browser extension in a few simple steps.
Once you've added the extension to your browser (either Chrome or Microsoft Edge), select the type of video you want to create, then start to record.
If it's your first time recording a video with Vidyard, here's a quick walkthrough to get you started:
Starting a new recording
To get started, select the Vidyard extension in the upper right corner of your browser
Pay attention to the recording type that you have selected (this will determine what gets captured in your video).
- Screen: Records your computer's entire screen
- Camera: Records a video using your webcam (a "selfie-style" video)
- Screen + Camera: Records both your screen and camera at the same time
You will also see an Audio Test to indicate that your microphone is working and able to pick up sound. To change the microphone or camera that you use to record, use the dropdown menus to select another available input source.
Once you're satisfied with the recording options you've selected, click on Start Recording.
How to record with your camera
Selecting Camera mode allows you to record a personal message with your computer's webcam.
- Open the Vidyard extension, then select Camera as your recording type
- If you have more than 1 webcam, use the dropdown menu to select your preferred camera input
- Select Start Recording to begin the 5 second pre-recording countdown
How to record your screen
If you choose to record either Screen or Screen + Cam, the browser will prompt you to select which part of your screen you want to share in the recording.
- From the extension, select either Screen or Screen + Cam, then select Start Recording
- In the window that appears called "Choose what to share", select the part of your screen that you want to capture in the recording:
- Your entire screen (if you have multiple screens, select one)
- An application window (focus in on an application or a full browser window)
- A specific browser tab
- Click on the specific screen, application or tab what you want to record
- Select Share to start the recording
Note: many devices/browsers also allow you to Share audio as part of your recording. Learn more about how to capture internal system or browser audio in your video.