The Vidyard Chrome extension allows you to create and share videos with your customers, prospects, and colleagues in just a few clicks.
Simply open the extension, choose the type of video you want to create, then click record.
- You must add the Vidyard extension to Chrome
- You must have a Vidyard account
Record a video
- Click on the Vidyard icon to open the Chrome extension
- Select the Tab, Screen, or Cam Only recording option
- Click on the Cam and Mic options to enable your camera and add audio
- Click Record to begin (a 3-second countdown will initiate the video)
The opening moments of your video are critical. The 1st second of your video is used to create the thumbnail. The first 3 seconds of your video are used to produce an optional animated .gif thumbnail.
You can always change your thumbnail on the video edit page.
Video recording options
The Chrome extension has 3 recording options: Camera Only, Tab, and Screen.
- Cam only recording: use your webcam to record a "selfie-style" video.
- Tab recording: captures only the browser tab on which you begin recording.
- Screen recording: captures your entire screen, including multiple browser tabs as well as aspects of your screen outside of the browser.
- Keep in mind, the camera overlay and recording controls will only appear inside the Chrome browser itself.
- Only one screen can be selected per recording
You can enable both the camera and microphone options to either add your voice or webcam to the video. For example, adding the camera option to a tab or screen recording will include your webcam in the bottom, left-hand corner of the screen.
- Make sure you allow your browser to use your camera and microphone
- Try our video recording troubleshooting steps
- Ensure you're not attempting to record on a restricted page